Thursday, March 15, 2012

Enter the Meatrix

     Today, we were tasked with watching The Meatrix series. This animated mini show is a parody of The Matrix, where the main character Leo, a small- farm pig, sees the reality that is factory farming. The series progresses and the view becomes increasingly aware of how unappetizing some of our food really is. I believe that this organization is making bounds in educating the general public of the horrors of factory farming. This online video series is easy to comprehend, but it still is able to carry the underlying serious message.
     If I had to use this video to profile a "place", I would profile a Perdue chicken packing plant about an hour from my house. Every time I drive by this plant, I am instantly hit with the urge to vomit. The smell is simply repulsive. Although I have never been inside the plant, I can only imagine the indecencies that happen within.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that "The Meatrix" is doing an excellent job of educating the masses about the horrors of factory farming, The things that get into our food are disgusting and revolting. Like you, when I watched this movie is made me think of driving past chicken houses, the smell alone is enough to get you sick, thankfully we never have to look inside...

    ReplyDelete